- BlogHer, July 2013: Presenter, “Politics & Activism: What You Learn When You Speak Out.”
- Bulldog Reporter’s PR University, January 2013: Panelist, “Top Mommy Bloggers Tell PR How to Reach Millions: The Hottest Editorial Hooks and Pitching Tips for 2013.”
- Mom 2.0 Summit, April 2011: Workshop Facilitator, “Welcome to the 21st Century: A New Look at The New Family.”
- Save Up, November 2010: Presenter, “Online Shopping on Black Friday.” (See my presentation here.)
- UGA PRSSA‘s Wave of the Future Conference, November 2010: Panelist, “How do I get my story in the press?”
- Immunization Action Coalition‘s Social Media Summit, June 2010: Presenter/Facilitator.
- Mom 2.0 Summit, February 2010: Panelist, “Got Strategy?”
- Decatur Book Festival, August 2008: Presenter, “Mommybloggers.”
- BlogHer Business/BlogHer, July 2009: Liveblogger.
- BlogHer Business, April 2008: Panelist, “Improve This Pitch.”
- BlogHer Business, April 2007: Liveblogger.
- BlogHer, July 2006: Panelist, “Mommyblogging is a Radical Act.”
Television and Radio:
- I’ve been interviewed by WDEL radio for three years running (2013, 2012 and 2011) about my tips for shopping online on Black Friday.
- December 2010: See my DealPro tips for using credit cards wisely as part of Savings.com’s series on smart shopping.
- November 2010: ABC’s WLS-TV Chicago news featured me as part of a segment on savvy holiday shopping.
- March 2009: This Austin station was one which aired a syndicated segment in which I shared tips on smart ways to save money on everyday purchases.
- November 2008: 11Alive News (Thrifty Women Thriving in a Tough Economy segment with Valerie Hoff)
- October 2008: 104.7 The Fish Atlanta (Thrifty Thursday segment with Kevin and Taylor)
- June 2008: Purse Strings with Maria Reitan (Marketing Bloggers)
- May 2008: The Today Show (Today’s Woman: Mommyblogs)
- My essay “The Keeper: A Tale of Late-Childhood Asperger’s Diagnosis” appears in The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism (Deadwood City Publishing, 2011).
- Some of my business advice for bloggers (as well as examples from my sites) appears in Susan Getgood’s Professional Blogging for Dummies (Wiley, 2010).
- Need holiday gift-giving etiquette and buying advice? I shared my tips with Real Simple.
- My writing is featured in Sleep is for the Weak: The Best of the Mommybloggers (Chicago Review Press, 2008).
- My 2008 essay in REDBOOK.
- My personal blog is one of the picks in Blogosphere: Best of Blogs (Que, 2006).