“Mir’s writing is fresh, and she never misses a deadline. Her versatility and dependability are excellent.”
—Rita Arens, Assignment Editor at BlogHer and Editor of “Sleep Is for the Weak“
“Miriam is an excellent writer and thorough professional. She’s responsive, pleasant and fun to work with. Her particular skills in writing, blogging, and growing a blog put her, in my opinion, among the top in the field.”
—Charlie Kondek, Director of New Media Relations, MS&L Digital
“Mir Kamin writes in a way that is elegant without being stuffy, intelligent without being inaccessible. Her thoughtful insights and smart observations are all tied together with a keen wit, reminding all of us, with great relief, that we’re not alone. Plain and simple, Mir is a smart, funny read.”
—Karen Walrond, author of “The Beauty of Different” and the award-winning blog chookooloonks.com
“Miriam is an engaging and down-to-earth speaker who inspired my students with her success and shared generously her knowledge about launching a profitable blog.”
—Janice Hume, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Journalism, University of Georgia
“Mir is a pro through and through. In the blog world when posts are sometimes assigned 5 minutes after they were due, I can always count on her to come through with something clever, creative and crisp. Her headlines make me smile and her copy resonates with personality. Oh, and she gets SEO too. Triple threat.”
—Liz Gumbinner, co-founder and editor, Cool Mom Picks
Praise for Woulda Coulda Shoulda
- I am humbled and deeply touched to have been selected as one of the 2013 BlogHer Voices of the Year.
- At the end of 2012, I was thrilled to win Most Inspirational Mother in Yahoo Shine’s inaugural “Women Who Shine” contest.
- SheKnows named Woulda Coulda Shoulda one of their 8 Favorite Mom Blogs of 2012.
- I’ve been on the Babble Top 50 Mommy Bloggers list for three years running, pegged as their number 1 pick for Most Confessional in both 2010 and 2009, as well as ranking amongst the Funniest and Best Overall.
- Woulda Coulda Shoulda is one of an elite handful of blogs linked to from the Motherlode blog on the New York Times site.
- REDBOOK selected me as one of their six Most Inspiring Female Bloggers in 2008.
- In 2007, Woulda Coulda Shoulda took second place in the Bloggers Choice Awards for Best Parenting Blog, while Parents magazine included me in their “Single Moms Survival Guide.”
- In 2005, Woulda Coulda Shoulda was a Yahoo! Pick of the Day.
- And waaaay back in 2004, Woulda Coulda Shoulda was a finalist in the now-defunct Diarist Awards for Best New Journal.
Praise for Want Not
- I have been a Savings.com DealPro since 2010, which included joining other top frugal bloggers at Save Up first in Chicago, and then again in NYC. DealPros are recognized as amongst the best in the field.
- In addition to being featured multiple times on television and radio (see Seen and Heard), Want Not was picked by Macworld as a site they love for smart shopping.
- In 2007, Want Not took second place in the Bloggers Choice Awards for Best Shopping Blog.